Protecting your privacy
It applies to Information collected by us or provided by you over our Website (including the mobile optimised version of the website accessible from your portable hand-held device) or in any other way (such as over the telephone). It is also intended to assist you in making informed decisions when using our Website our products and services. Please take a minute to read and understand the policy.
All your personal Information shall be held and used in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and national laws implementing GDPR and any legislation that replaces it in whole or in part and any other legislation relating to the protection of personal data. If you want to know what information we collect and hold about you, or to exercise any of your rights as set out in section 6 below, please write to us at the below address, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01227 826760.
Whitefriars Management Suite
14 Gravel Walk
This policy applies only to the website (“Site”) located at www.whitefriars.co.uk, and not to any other web site or service.
What is Personal Information
Personal information is any information that tells us something about you. This could include information such as name, contact details, date of birth, bank account details or any information about your needs or circumstances which would allow us to identify you.
Some personal information is classified as “special” data under data protection legislation. This includes information relating to health, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or political opinions and sexual orientation. This information is more sensitive and we need to have further justifications for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information. There are also additional restrictions on the circumstances in which we are permitted to collect and use criminal conviction data.
Any references to personal information in this privacy notice will include personal data, and where relevant, special categories of personal data.
How do we collect information about you?
1. Entering into a competition or promotion hosted by ourselves or our third parties: You may provide us with personal data when you subscribe to these services either online or through a physical form.
2. Feedback: providing feedback to us through via our feedback forms where you may provide your contact details and subscribe to marketing. You can also provide us feedback through writing or emailing the centre with your complaints, comments and suggestions.
3. Website usage: We may also collect information from you automatically when you access and use our Online Services, including the time and duration of your visit, the referring URL, your Internet Protocol (IP) or MAC address, the type of device you use and its operating system. As with most websites, we also operate cookies on ours and further details can be found in the section on cookies below.
4. Enrolling for an event: we may collect your name and contact details if you wish to participate in an event that is organised at our centre. This data may be captured on a third party booking system.
5. Promotional photography: we may take photographs or videos of you when you attend one of our events. Signs will be on display during the event to advise you when photographs or videos are being taken, and if you have concerns or do not wish to be photographed/videoed please raise these with a member of our staff.
6. Interaction with social media: Depending on the Privacy setting you have applied in your Social Media accounts, and based on the content that you choose to share, when you interact with our Social Media presence we will have access to your user generated content, such as posts, comments, pages, profiles and images. Also depending on the Privacy setting you have applied in your Social Media accounts, and based on the content that you choose to share, we may have access to contact details, personal information (such as age, gender, employer, education, location and habits and preferences).
For what purpose is it collected
The personal information gathered through Marketing is for our legitimate business interests, this includes to:
1. Tailor our online services to you so the content you see is relevant to you. For example, we may request your date of birth, gender and some basic interests (such as ‘shopping’ and ‘dining’) so that we can provide you with content that we think you will be interested in.
2. Collect data obtained through our interaction with customers for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes including the optimisation of service delivery at our properties and to improve the customer experience.
3. Promote our site externally.
4. We frequently ask for postcodes during our customer interactions to help us better understand our customers. We share this data with third parties without any personal identifiers to assist with our insight and analysis.
Data minimisation and retention
We will only collect the minimum amount of personal information necessary and will only keep your information for as long as you remain engaged with our marketing campaigns.
Where you have provided your details in relation to a competition, we will delete your personal data when the competition has finished (unless you have consented to your information being used for marketing purposes).
How do we collect information from you?
As part of our security operation, Whitefriars Shopping Centre will also be collecting personal images relating to visitors and customers to its property from CCTV, Body Mounted Video and ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) systems. Whitefriars appoints third party service providers to provide security services.
In relation to third parties, we ensure that they will also safeguard your data – please see Protection of Your Information below.
For what purpose is it collected?
CCTV, BMV, Visitor and Access control data is collated to pursue our legitimate interests to protect the property in question, to protect the vital interests of our visitors, tenants and customers and to assist with the prevention and detection of crime.
ANPR is collected to fulfill a contract between ourselves and our users of our parking facilities, including enforcement action.
For CCTV, Body Mounted Video and ANPR:
Generally, this data will not be held for longer than 31 days unless an incident or suspected incident has occurred.
Protection of your information
We have in place administrative, technical and physical measures designed to guard against and minimise the risk of loss, misuse or unauthorised processing or disclosure of the personal information that we hold. We place similar obligations on our third parties and risk assess their security based on the sensitivity of the personal data that they hold.
If we transfer your personal information outside of the EEA, it will continue to be subject to one or more appropriate safeguards set out in the law. These might be the use of model contracts in a form approved by regulators, or having our suppliers sign up to an independent privacy scheme approved by regulators (like the US ‘Privacy Shield’ scheme).
Links to other websites
This Privacy Notice only applies to the websites provided by Whitefriars Shopping Centre. If you link to another service and/or website from here, you should remember to read and understand that service and/or website’s privacy and cookies policy as well. We are not responsible for any use of your information that is made by other services and/or websites. Links or advertisements do not imply that we endorse or have reviewed such third parties or their privacy practices.
You have the right to opt out of receiving any marketing information which we send you. If our processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent for future processing at any time by contacting us.
You have the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your Personal Data and access to the Personal Data which we hold about you.
In some circumstances, the right to receive some Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to Personal Data which you have provided to us.
You have the right to request that we correct your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
You have the right to request that we erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to retain it.
You have the right to object and/or request that we restrict our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict our processing of your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via https://ico.org.uk/ for information, advice or to make a complaint.
If you wish to opt out of the marketing we send you, please click on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our email communications.
If you wish for further information, or wish to exercise any other right, please contact email@example.com.
We will respond to your request (including providing information on whether the rights apply in the particular circumstances) within the applicable statutory time period. If we are not sure of your identity, we may require you to provide further information in order for us to confirm who you are.
The cookies are stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser settings to prevent this happening. However, by disabling cookies, or certain types of cookie, you may hinder your user experience on this and other websites, or prevent them from working entirely.
These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how this website works.
Cookies may also be used to improve the user experience and to enable some of the functionality provided by this website.
Please note that some cookies may be placed by third party service providers who perform (or will perform) some of these functions (or other services) for us. Cookies are used on this website for the following third party services: Google Analytics, LinkedIn Follow button, Facebook Like Button, Twitter Follow button, Google +1 button, AddThis social bookmarking tool, YouTube videos. Some of these services may be used to track your behaviour on other websites and we have no control over this.
By continuing to use this website without adjusting your browser’s cookie settings, you agree that we can place these cookies on your device.
As is true with most websites, our server will automatically log data regarding each visit such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. We may use this information to monitor server errors, server administration or to monitor visitor behaviour. It is not possible for this to be disabled on a per-user basis so you must leave this website (and the internet entirely) if you do not agree to this happening.
How you can contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.